What is it?
Acetyl L-Carnitine is an amino acid produced naturally by the human body. Amino acids are responsible for building proteins. These proteins are responsible in building lean muscles. Although the body produces this naturally, it does not mean that it always produces it in enough quantity. Some may require a supplement for it. It adds back any replenished acid to the body while also helping in normal functioning of your organs.
Those who do not have enough Acetyl L-Carnitine frequently suffer from mental and heart disorders. Therefore, it’s important to replace and replenish this amino acid in the body regularly.
The body naturally converts L-carnitine to Acetyl L-Carnitine. This allows it to play a role in brain and heart functions. This amino acid also helps in generating male hormones.
How it works
Like any other nootropic, ALCAR crosses the blood brain barrier. It is readily available for the organs to break down. It can help users feel calm and eliminate stress-related symptoms.
Another use is it has fat-burning ability. Most ALCAR capsules or supplements can reduce the amount of fat in your body through burning and elimination.
Once it reaches the gut, the body eliminates the acid. Its bio-availability is quite high, taking it longer for the body to excrete it.
One of its most important benefits to buy ALCAR (Acetyl L-Carnitine) Capsules – 100 Count | 500 mg is it enhances memory in the elderly. It is especially effective in people aged 60 and under.
- The supplement can greatly reverse the side effects caused by excess alcohol consumption. Those with mental issues owing to too much alcohol consumption can avoid the side effects by taking Acetyl L-Carnitine or ALCAR capsules. People over thirty who suffer from alcohol overdose can also benefit from this supplement.
- Those with nerve pain owing to diabetes can also benefit from Acetyl L-Carnitine. The supplement can help reduce the pain. It works for those who can’t seem to control their Type 2 diabetes.
- It works for men who want to improve their testosterone level. The supplement reduces inflammation occurring in the reproductive systems of certain males.
- Consistent consumption can also enhance sperm count in men, so it aids in their fertility.
- It works for older men suffering from infertility. It increases both sperm count and make them adequately fertile.
- The drug effectively improves blood flow to the brain. As you know, the brain can function optimally if there is a rush of blood. This is attainable by taking the supplement.
- Aside from improving cognition, it also enhances both short-term and long-term memory.
- It deals with thinking problems induced by Lyme disease. Although there is no conclusive proof for the same, it’s possible treat the illness to a large extent.
- The supplement can enhance muscle strength, therefore, it works for those looking to gain weight and build lean muscles.
- Although there is insufficient evidence, it can help with cataracts as well.
It is truly versatile!
Just like other nootropics, Acetyl L-Carnitine also has side effects. Some of them are the following:
- Stomach problems – Consuming too much without proper caution can cause bad stomach. If you experience loose motions then stop consuming this supplement.
- Nausea and discomfort
- Vomiting and restlessness – This is another possible side effect if you consume too much without caution.
- The supplement can cause your breath and urine to stink. Brushing your teeth often may help to get rid of the odor.
- Not ideal for pregnant women – Pregnant women should avoid taking it as there is not enough proof regarding its safety on them.
- The same extends to lactating mother. It may seep through the milk produced by the body. Therefore, it’s advisable for lactating mothers to avoid this supplement.
- Those suffering from malfunctioning thyroid should avoid this supplement. Note that it can interfere with thyroid secretion. It also causes it to function without proper control. Therefore, it would be best to avoid consuming it in such cases.
- The supplement is not ideal for those suffering from seizures. It can negatively affect the body and induce seizures.
- If you have any other medical condition, consult a physician before consuming this supplement.
Dosage and recommendations
The recommended dosage of ALCAR (Acetyl L-Carnitine) Capsules – 100 Count | 500 mg supplement is anywhere between 500mg to 4000mg. People taking it for male performance should err on the higher end. It has extremely low toxicity.
Acenocoumarol reacts with Acetyl L- Carnitine. Warfarin can also interact negatively, so it is best to avoid taking both these drugs with Acetyl L-Carnitine.
The drug is legal and you can buy ALCAR over the counter without a prescription.