90 Count | 200 mg
What is it?
L-Theanine is a nootropic that is derived from tealeaves. If you are new to the world of nootropics, it is best to start off with this particular one as it is quite mild and has lasting effects on the mind.
Like most nootropics, L Theanine helps in staving off stress and stress-related side effects. The supplement is mostly prescribed to people suffering from anxiety-related symptoms. The drug is said to cause both a relaxing and stimulating effect on the mind. It is prescribed to those looking to reduce stress and enhance cognition.
This chemical is not produced by the body naturally and needs to be obtained through diet, most significantly through the consumption of tea. The tea supplement is legal and can be bought over the counter. Consuming green and black tea will also help you obtain a sufficient amount of this supplement. But you might have to consume a supplement if these are unable to provide your body with the recommended dosage.
How does the drug work?
Like most other nootropics, L-Theanine crosses the blood brain barrier and is bioavailable. This supplement works by stimulating the mind and enhancing brain activity. You may notice a spike in your brain activity as soon as you consume tea. That is mainly due to the presence of L-Theanine. You can replenish this supplement in your body by consuming tea. But you will have to drink at least 2 cups back to back in order to get the utmost benefits of L-Theanine from your tea.
The L-Theanin supplement is also extracted from mushrooms. Recommended doses of the supplement can be procured by consuming mushrooms on a regular basis. However, it is important to not overcook the mushrooms as that can result in a reduction in the concentration of this particular chemical.
L-Theanine is easily available over the counter and online, and can be consumed as per the recommended dosage.
Benefits of the drug
- It is pretty mild and will instantly calm a person down.
- Consuming the recommended dosage of the drug can also help in improving the production of serotonin in the brain. Serotonin is the happiness hormone that is responsible for keeping a person in a positive state of mind. Alternatively, you can consume 2 cups of green tea back to back and spike up your serotonin levels.
- L-Theanine helps with reducing the onset of dementia. Dementia mostly occurs during old age and affects people who are inclined to it due to hereditary reasons.
- The supplement is recommended to people who have high blood pressure. It helps in reducing BP and keeps the heart healthy. It is also prescribed to those who suffer from minor heart disorders.
- L Theanine helps in reversing insomnia to a certain extent. This might be surprising considering tea tends to keep people awake. However, it helps in inducing sleep and promotes a healthy sleeping pattern.
- Long-term usage of L-Theanine helps in improving cognition.
- The supplement helps in improving memory and enhancing mental alertness. Those who consume the supplement on a regular basis will experience improved long-term memory.
- Theanine supplements are said to be effective in controlling the adverse effects of ADHD. Better known as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, ADHD mostly affects youngsters and causes them to be hyperactive. Theanine supplements help in controlling it to a large extent.
- You can mix it with other nootropics as well, but you must remain within the recommended dosage range. L-Theanine works well with caffeine as a nootropic. You can consume a cup of coffee after a cup of green tea to yield the benefits of these chemicals.
- L-Theanine promotes good blood flow. By consuming L-Theanine supplements, you can successfully enhance the flow of blood to your brain. But you have to ensure that you take the recommended dosage and do not over-consume it as that might negatively impact your health.
Side effects of the drug
Although L-Theanine is a mild nootropic, it comes with its fair share of side effects. Here we will look at some of them:
- Consuming too much of this supplement may induce nervousness and anxiety. It is comparable to the excess consumption of alcohol. You might feel anxious and nervous after consuming too many supplements.
- The drug is said to induce headaches and enhance dizziness. Headaches are a side effect of most forms of nootropics.
- Since there is not enough clinical research done on the effects of the supplement on pregnant women, it is advisable for them to not consume it without recommendation. The same extends to lactating mothers. It is best to avoid its consumption while lactating.
- It is best to avoid this supplement if you are on any blood pressure- related medication as there are strong chances of it interacting negatively.
- It is important to avoid Theanine if you are consuming any stimulant drugs. They will interact adversely and impact the body negatively.
- Drinking large doses of tea sometimes causes an upset stomach and the same may apply to this supplement. You have to stick to the recommended dosage and not overshoot it. It is ideal to stick to just a couple of glasses per day, especially if you are consuming the supplement.
Dosage and recommendations
Many factors determine the dosage of L-Theanine, including age, illnesses and medical history. It is best to consume amounts in accordance with suggestions on the supplement’s packaging. You can also consult a health care specialist to determine how much of the drug will work well for you.
Legal status of the drug
The drug is legal and can be bought over the counter. It is not FDA approved and can be bought without a prescription.
|Dimensions||2 x 2 x 4 in|
20 Capsules, 40 Capsules, 60 Capsules, 90 Capsules, 120 Capsules, 150 Capsules, 180 Capsules
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.