What Is Uridine Monophosphate?
Uridine Monophosphate (5-uridylic acid) is a nucleotide that is used as a monomer in RNA (a biomolecule that is similar to DNA, which codes, decodes, and translates genetic information). It is an ester of phosphoric acid with the nucleoside uridine. It consists of the phosphate group, pentose sugar ribose, and the nucleobase uracil. Hence, it is a ribonucleoside monophosphate. This is a naturally occurring substance that is manufactured by the liver. It is a nucleotide and a significant building block of Ribonucleic Acid (RNA). It can be found in many dietary sources like tomatoes, beer, brewer’s yeast, and broccoli. It is also naturally found in breast milk, beer, and many infant formulas. Uridine Monophosphate side effects are normally extremely mild and only occur in extremely high doses (as the substance is also found in many types of vegetables).
Subtle et al. 1988 cloned and sequenced a coding that was complete for human UMP syntheses. The deduced protein was found to contain 480 amino acids that had a molecular mass of 52,199 Da. The 2 activities of UMP synthase live in different domains that are encoded by the 3-prime and 5-prime halves of the mRNA. The N-terminal 214 amino acids were found to contain OPRT domain while the C-terminal 258 amino acids have the ODC catalytic domain. It is also believed that the two separate catalytic sites fused together to stabilize its monomeric form. The covalent union that is found in UMPs supports the domains that contain the respective catalytic centers. This leads to increasing its multicellular organisms where concentrations tend to be 1/10 of the separate counterparts in prokaryotes.
Uridine Monophosphate is also subject to complex regulation by OMP, which is a product of OPRTase and also a substrate of ODCase. It has been used in many nations since its inception, and those that have used have reported tremendous significant benefits. It is also good to remember that it has passed through many stages in the labs as several tests were carried out to determine its effectiveness for use by a human being. The control experiments that were used finally gave positive feedback and hence safe for use. But it was also discovered out that it works better when taken with other substances and especially food. The American scientists declared it safe and introduced it into the market. Side effects are rare and almost unseen; something they say is like a miracle drug in the making.
What Uridine Monophosphate Used For?
Uridine Monophosphate is used to:
- Enhance neurons of the brain
- Improve the age-related memory loss and mood
- Improve both the working memory and fluid intelligence
- Treat anemia and Alzheimer’s Disease
- Treat bipolar disorder
- To exert an intense cardioprotective effect against myocardial ischemia
- Is a precursor of brain synapses and nerve cell membrane phospholipids
- It enhances cholinergic brain functions
- Regulation of certain forms of restricted fat loss
- Endurance in sports
How Long Does This Last?
Studies in human and animal models have suggested that Uridine Monophosphate may exert bioenergetic effects, such as increasing the levels of the energy molecule adenosine triphosphate (ATP) and enhance energy production from circulating glucose. Uridine Monophosphate, then, enters the brain, which a primary requirement in improving brain energy utilization. This is a clear indication that Uridine Monophosphate can stay in the human body system until it completes its task. It should be noted however that an overdose will strain the body too much beyond its limits. So when using this supplement, the correct doses should be maintained for better results. Uridine Monophosphate side effects can increase significantly in intensity if extremely high dosages are taken.
Some of the benefits of Uridine Monophosphate include the following;
- One of the major advantages of this supplement is its power to increase the synthesis of cellular membranes. It is because it is one of the major building blocks of RNA.
- It has been shown to be helpful in enhancing the neurons of the brain and protecting the brain and also protecting the brain itself, thus working synergistically with fish oil.
- This supplement is also used to improve age-related memory loss and mood. It boosts the mood by increasing the levels of dopamine in the brain. This does not only improve your mood but your motivation and energy as well.
- It also has cognitive benefits. Reports have shown that this supplement can contribute to improving both working memory and fluid intelligence. It’s possible due to how the supplement works in the body. It starts by increasing the synthesis of a potent brain chemical that is known as phosphatidylcholine. After that, it then increases the production of the neurites. These are projections from the neurons and are capable of either receiving or sending signals from the neurons. If there are more neurites, then it means that there are more connections within the brain.
- It aids Alzheimer’s Disease due to helping with synaptic connections that appear to be reduced in the state of Alzheimer’s Disease.
- It is used in the treatment of bipolar disorder in grown-ups at 18gm daily over six weeks, which is a notable improvement in depressive symptoms.
- It can exert an acute cardioprotective effect against myocardial ischemia when preloaded which is inhibited by blocking potassium channels on the mitochondria. When it does that, it will appear that uridine preloading preserve levels of energy metabolites and reduce lipid peroxidation.
- It has also been confirmed that Uridine Monophosphate when combined with vitamin B12 and the additive cytidine was so much effective in treating the symptoms of anemia.
Supplementation of Uridine Monophosphate is taken in the 500-1000mg range with the lone human study using the higher end of this range. It is recommended that you take Uridine Monophosphate with food out of prudence though it is not an absolute requirement. But the Uridine Monophosphate powder dosage varies between 150mg and 250mg which can be taken up to two times a day. You are advised to start with small dosages of this supplement if you are a first time user and then work your way up as you desire. This nootropic supplement is sold in capsule, tablet and powder form.
This supplement behaves like a perfect nootropic combination in that there seems to be a zero rate in adverse side effects. If we compare it to the big list of side effects of most dopaminergic substances, then this turns out to be a miracle. It is only a few people that have reported having emotional blunting when they have taken large doses accidentally. This is attributed to the higher levels of dopamine that is released and the amazing effects of other neurotransmitters such as serotonin. It is good to note that some people are also sensitive to higher doses of choline thus generating a similar emotional drain when they take too much of the dose prescribed. The supplement may also lower the levels of Vitamin B12 but not to a great extent.
If utilized in the right dosage, it has been found to support the health and function of the liver and mitochondria. Physiologists have also discovered that they can use it in their physiology services to their patients, and it has worked perfectly well. Other than being a natural component of RNA, it is also often taken as a long-term cognitive enhancing supplement.
This supplement is associated with an increase in limb fat (seen as an endpoint marker of normalizing lipodystrophy) after 24 weeks but it had disappeared after 48 weeks. It, therefore, tolerated and did not negatively influence biological response.
Studies that have tried to assess the synaptic construction in response to Uridine Monophosphate supplementation tend to measure dendritic spines. This is due to the complications in quantifying synaptic function, but the dendritic spines are the most reliable biomarker as 90% of dendrites form synapses. If you feed animals with a combination of Uridine Monophosphate, Choline, and Omega-3 fatty acids, it will appear to increase synaptic formation and function. It has also shown improvement in a cohort of persons that have mild Alzheimers’s disease.
Another study that was done at Rutgers University tried to measure rats’ performance on behavioral tests after they were given amphetamine or cocaine. The rats’ experimental group that was given Uridine Monophosphate reacted more sensitively to the illicit dopamine-stimulating drugs. This demonstrated that the population of the dopamine receptors was denser. Another observation also showed that amphetamines did not raise striatal dopamine levels as much as the other group because it had a balancing effect that was provided by modulation.
The price of this supplement may vary according to the quantity that you want to buy. For example, a 30gm jar of Uridine Monophosphate powder goes for $16.99. This though is a relative price and might vary from where you are buying it from. But you can make your own because you only need a form of Uridine Monophosphate, fish oil and also some form of choline.
In the case of any accidents or you realize that you are unwell, you should seek medical attention immediately. When you see a doctor, you should show him/her how you have been using the supplements (the dose) and provide the standard data sheet if possible. If by mistake it gets into contact with the eye, then rinse your eye thoroughly with lots of liquid for a minimum of 15 minutes, lifting lower and upper eyelids. If there is skin contact, wash the skin with soap and water. You might have inhaled it accidentally, just remove it and inhale fresh air. Causes of ingestion might also occur but in this case, clean your mouth with water and drink plenty of water afterward.
If you combine Uridine Monophosphate with DHA, choline, and B-vitamins, makes a stack that is both highly customizable and efficient. It can go as far as healing the dopamine systems of the brain and provide the precious raw materials that are needed to develop new nervous connections. The ingredients are accessible and affordable, and the side effects are almost zero. Uridine Monophosphate is an excellent supplement and is always done to back its theories but in spite of all those additional researches so that it is considered as an actual treatment, the response that it has received has been overwhelming and had plenty of benefits. Better yet, it appears to be consistent and reliable. Enjoy the advantages of these supplements with the right dosage and it will serve you well.
Yo Momma, 2016-09-14
Why do you idiots have the checkout button so damn large?