What are the most popular nootropics?
Enumerating the categories of Nootropics.
most popular nootropics
There are a number of people who suffer from varied mental conditions, which cause their cognitive processes to slow down. Few such conditions can be jotted down as Attention Deficit Disorder, Parkinson’s disease, Huntington’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, etc. Other than intense therapies and chemical medicines, there always is a requirement for some natural alternatives. Hence, a class of drugs or supplements of food additives that enhance the various human cognitive processes like that of attention span, focus, memorizing capacity and memory span, learning capacity, intelligence, verbal fluidity, mood, etc. are being developed everyday.
These are known as nootropics and also widely known as smart drugs, cognitive enhancers, intelligence enhancers, memory enhancers, etc. With the use of these brain supplements, the patients have been observed to have ample improvement in their attention memory, and hence, learning. Furthermore, with the bulk advertising of these drugs on the Internet, people also started buying these for brain enhancement.
One main trigger for the boost of this industry was a movie named “limitless” starred by Bradley Cooper, where the centre plot of rotated around a smart drug called NZT(which although does not exist in real life, however, close supplements of this drug do exist). People wanted a similar effect in which they could improve their brain performance and the closest supplements to that of an NZT are the nootropic drugs.
Types and categories of nootropics
In order to explain the most popular nootropics- of the industry, and of enhancing the human brain, it is a necessity that we discuss the numerous categories of nootropics and the types under them-
- Cognitive enhancers- these supplements, as we explained earlier help in improving the cognition of individuals, mainly attention span and focus. These are generally used to treat ADHD patients and other patients who require the need to improve their cognition for carrying out daily activities smoothly. The nootropics under his category are Noopept, Piracetam, Pramiracetam, Oxiracetam, Aniracetam, etc. Also includes Armodafinil and Modafinil.
- Memory supplement- These help in improving the memory capacity of individuals and are mainly used in the treatment of degenerative memory disorders. The main nootropics under this category are Sunifiram, Noopept, Piracetam, Aniracetam, Alpha Gpc, etc.
What are the most popular nootropics?
- Mood Enhancers- these are drugs, which are taken to improve mood disorders such as depression. These drugs work by enhancing the release of hormones like serotonin and Dopamine, which help in elevating the mood. The main few nootropics under this category are Aniracetam, SULBUTIAMINE, PHENIBUT, Noopept, L-THEANINE.
- Energy and Focus boosters- these supplements are generally for individuals who are rather dull and lack energy. Hence it helps to increase the productivity of a person. The top few nootropics under this category are Modafinil, Adrafinil, Phenylpiracetam, Noopept, sulbutiamine.
- Brain health supplements- these are used not only to treat disorders but also for general brain enhancement, such that more percentage of the brain can be used. The important few nootropics under this category are Centrophenoxine, Alpha GPC, Noopept, Acetyl-l-carnitine, and Citicholine.
These are the few types of nootropics that help in the enhancement of cognitive behavior.
While there are a host of nootropics being developed, and being subsequently promoted in online markets, there are few that pose as many positive effects as Ampakine nootropics-with my personal favorite being PHENYLPIRACETAM for its extreme potency, euphoria, and unprecedented motivation.