What Is An Aniracetam Overdose?
An Aniracetam overdose is extremely rare and is nearly impossible. Doses have been taken at as high as 10-15x the recommended minimum of 700mg per day, and the users have been completely fine (this is not a recommendation to do this, and if you decide to do that be sure to have used the supplement before, to use choline, and to exercise extreme caution.) This is a fat-soluble nootropic that is known to increase alertness and attention span. It is usually compared to Piracetam which is also a nootropic in the Racetam class, but Aniracetam is said to be more potent than Piracetam. It is relatively new on the market, but extensive tests have been carried out on animals and people with Alzheimer’s. In Europe, it is sold as a prescription drug while the American FDA has not yet approved it for use in the country. It is mainly used in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease, but some people also use it as a smart drug because it has an impact on creativity and holistic thinking.
Use For Anxiety
According to research published in the European Journal of Pharmacology, many people studied for the effects of Aniracetam on reducing anxiety, proved that it had positive effects. The subjects reported that they felt more calm and relaxed. The subjects reported being able to deal much easier with stressful situations without getting emotional with less generalized anxiety and nervousness as a result of thinking too much, worrying or being anxious because of past embarrassing situations. This effect is explained by the fact that chemicals present in Aniracetam are able to stimulate GABA-b receptors which are the same receptors stimulated by alcohol to reduce inhibitions. Reduction in inhibitions will make people less socially anxious and feel more relaxed. It is recommended that one takes 1-2 grams, 3 times a day when using Aniracetam for anxiety treatment.
Use As A Sleep Aid
Considering that Aniracetam is used to increase alertness, it is understandable that many people would wonder how it can be used as a sleep aid. Well, the drug actually improves the quality of sleep. Many people tend to have trouble staying asleep. They keep on waking up during the night which affects REM sleep. Aniracetam impacts on serotonin and dopamine which help in relaxation, mood, and sleep. Also, some of the reasons people have trouble sleeping are because they are anxious or depressed, by taking this medication they can deal with the anxiety and depression which will make it easier to go to sleep and to have a better quality of sleep.
Use For Studying
Aniracetam is able to improve memory, concentration and create clearer thought. These are very important for studying. It helps one learn faster as they pay more attention during lectures or class and they will remember much more or what they have learned or read. Also when studying many people find it hard to focus on their study because of different distractions. Using Aniracetam as a study aid will make one more focused on what they are doing and during exams, it can help them solve problems much faster because they are thinking faster and a bit smarter than usual. It is, however, important to know that it is not magic, so you will not begin to know things you did not know before without studying. This is made possible because it improves communication between neurons in the brain and hemispheres as well.
Studies conducted on aniracetam have discovered the following benefits of using the drug:
- Patients with Alzheimer’s have shown improvement in brain function after using Aniracetam.
- It is also beneficial for dealing with depression as it is able to impact the mood and make a person brighter and happier.
- Other studies have shown that taking this drug in a combination with other neutral drugs improves the immune system of people.
- It is able to boost memory and learning in people who take it long-term.
- It can also be used to manage certain cases of sleep disorder.
First of all, it is important to note that Aniracetam is a fat-soluble compound so for it to be effective you will need to take some kind of fat with it. Fish Oil is usually recommended. That aside, the daily dose is between 1,000 and 1,500mg taken orally and divided over 2 doses which would be between 500 and 750mg twice a day with meals. Because the powder is bitter, it is best to take capsules. The dosage was derived from tests on mice which found that 10mg/kg and 100mg/kg of bodyweight proved effective. It is best to stick to the recommended dosage to avoid aniracetam overdose.
Like many other drugs, there are a few side effects associated with taking them. Aniracetam too has a few side effects even though they are not so threatening to the health of the users which is why they still keep on taking them. These side effects include:
- Depending on the time when one takes the pill, there is a chance of insomnia. Many people who take it in the afternoon experience insomnia at night since Aniracetam is a stimulant.
- Because it increases blood flow to the brain, at times people may experience headaches after taking it as the brain is working hard during the time that the chemicals are potent in the body.
- Like so many other nootropics, there is the unpleasant feeling of nausea especially for those who it is the first time on the drug.
- In cases of Aniracetam overdose, there is the effect of increased anxiety and hyperactivity.
- Aniracetam suppresses appetite and this may be bad for some people who need to eat regularly for health reasons.
Effects Of An Aniracetam Overdose
These effects are a combination of what the manufacturer says as well as those experienced by the people who have been taking Aniracetam. They include:
- There is an increase in concentration for a longer period.
- People who take it are also more alert to their surrounding
- Long term and short term memory are given a significant boost, according to many people who have taken it, especially on a regular basis.
- There is an increase in energy levels making a person more active and talkative
- It increases social interaction as a person on aniracetam tends to be more attentive when talking to people.
- Many people have noted that it also suppresses appetite.
- There are some people who have noted improved eyesight
One might expect to experience an exaggeration of these effects in the event of an Aniracetam overdose.
Is Aniracetam Legal?
The issue of the legality of most drugs depends on the country or state you are in. But generally, Aniracetam is not a controlled drug. Most countries do not have particular laws on its use. For example in the U.S., the FDA has no control over it so it can be accessed over the counter or online for personal use. The same applies to the UK and Canada. However, in some European countries, you may need a prescription to purchase it from a pharmacy. But in general, it is legal, no charges would be preferred against someone for possession, use or sale of Aniracetam, however, you may be charged taxes for importing large quantities.
According to studies and reports from people who use this nootropic, there are no serious dangers of taking Aniracetam. It is proved not to be toxic in any way and improves brain health more than anything. However just like any other drug, if you may have some other complication, it is important to seek advice from your doctor before you take it. There have not been any serious reports either of Aniracetam overdose as it is more of a supplement than anything else. There may be a few side effects as discussed above, but even those can be prevented with an additional dosage of choline. Aniracetam overdose is extremely rare and has never been reported, as Aniracetam is an extremely safe nootropic drug
All things considered, it is more beneficial to take Aniracetam in comparison to the possible side effects however everything should be done in moderation. It is important that the recommended dosage is not exceeded and in case of any serious complication, medical assistance should be sought. The risk of an Aniracetam overdose is slim to none.
Leave a Reply